Here is a quick snapshot of how to buy side-projects, products and small businesses on IndieMaker.
1. Create an account
IndieMaker accounts allow you to both buy and sell under one account. You must be a registered user with a completed profile and validated email address to buy or sell on the platform.
To protect buyers and sellers, accounts need to be older than 24 hours to be able to send offers, messages and create forum posts.
2. Identify and keep up to date with new listings
Whether you are buying a side-project, product or micro-business, the process is the same. There are a number of ways to search and keep up to date with new listings.
- Browse the website
- Subscribe to receive a weekly update on new listings
- Sign up for an RSS feed
- Sign up for a subscription to receive updates based on pre-defined criteria
3. Find what you are looking for
Browse the website. We currently focus on the following categories
- SaaS products
- E-commerce stores
- Social Media accounts
- Domains & starter websites
Once you have found a listing you are interested you can either message the seller for more information or make an offer based on the information contained in the listing. To clarify how this works:
- Message the Seller - you can ask the seller questions or clarify information not already addressed in the listing. This is an opportunity to get all the information you need to make an offer. If the seller wishes to engage with you further they will respond to you via the messaging service. Once you have all the information you require you can make an offer.
- Make an Offer - this will allow you to make a higher or lower offer than the listed price and will take you into the final stages of negotiating the deal. If the offer is accepted by the seller, the process will automatically prompt you to conclude the transaction via the Escrow Service. Please note that once you make an offer and that offer is accepted that you are bound to the transaction and will automatically be prompted to conclude it via the Escrow service.
Note: We encourage you to do proper due diligence, as you would with any other financial transaction or high-value purchase.
5. Payment and Asset Handover
The system will prompt you for all the necessary actions to conclude the transaction safely and securely via Escrow. Buyers pay the listing fee and a success fee for the platform. The success fee is 12% of the accepted offer price or 7.5% if you have signed up to be a Pro Subscriber.
For more information on buying on IndieMaker, please refer to our Buyer Terms.